[yocto] Wilcard/recursing for SRC_URI file fetcher?

Michael Habibi mikehabibi at gmail.com
Fri Dec 4 12:57:41 PST 2015

As far as I can tell, there is no way to point to a directory or match
based on file type, for example:

SRC_URI = "file://*.c \
                   file://*.h"
or

SRC_URI = "file://directory/;recurse=true" # include all files under
'directory'

Instead, files must be individually selected with the SRC_URI command. I
kind of assume this is intentional, to explicitly name files to prevent
error-prone operations. However, in my environment it may actually be
beneficial for something like the above.

Has it been considered already? Is it "taboo" or "off-limits", or will the
project welcome the enhancement if it were done?

Michael

P.S. This is of course assuming the feature isn't already there, but I
couldn't find this behavior in the reference docs. I could be mistaken!