[yocto] Best practice for files copied directly into sysroot?

Michael Habibi mikehabibi at gmail.com
Thu Dec 3 14:53:48 PST 2015

Bryan,

I looked through the documentation and I'm a bit unclear on how to use
bin_package, and haven't been able to find a good example. Where do I
actually place my rootfs files/binaries to get copied to my image rootfs?
Under ${THISDIR}/${PN} like other recipe artifacts? How does it copy them
to ${S}? Or is this something I need to do?

Thanks,
Michael