[yocto] compiling out-of-tree modules with master

Stuart Weaver Stuart.Weaver at datapath.co.uk
Tue Dec 1 08:57:19 PST 2015

Hi All,

I'm currently merging my Yocto repo up to master (from Daisy). I'm having problems compiling some of the out-of-tree modules that we have which I've tracked down to the Makefiles looking for:

include/generated/autoconf.h
include/generated/uapi/linux/version.h

Now I originally had to heavily patch these Makefiles to include variables like KERNEL_SRC and KERNEL_VERSION as they were just calling shell commands (e.g. echo uname -a). However the KERNEL_SRC is pointing to the new location of the source in 'work-shared' where none of the generated .h files are.

Could someone inform on the differences in workflow and which variables I should be using to point to the build source of the kernel (i.e. work/corei7-intel-common-poky-linux/linuux-yocto/3.19.5..../linux-corei7-64-intel-common-standard-build)?

Best Regards,
Stuart