[yocto] How to disable OVERRIDES temperally

Paul Eggleton paul.eggleton at linux.intel.com
Fri Aug 28 02:56:36 PDT 2015

Hi Qiang,

On Thursday 27 August 2015 19:40:29 Qiang Yu wrote:
> I want to load kernel module ci_hdrc_imx at boot time and add a conf file
> in /etc/modprobe.d. I find it can be done by add
> module_conf_ci_hdrc_imx = "my configure"
>
> But the suffix "imx" is in OVERRIDES, so I get
> module_conf_ci_hdrc = "my configure"
>
> How to disable the OVERRIDES temperally here? Or may be there is another
> way?

This is an annoying situation, no question about that - it's an unfortunate
consequence of our long-ago decision to use _ as the override separator.
Whether or not we can change that in future is up for debate.

In any case though the workaround is probably fairly simple in this case - all
that the code in kernel_module_split.bbclass that reads this does is to write
a file to ${D}/etc/modprobe.d/<modulename>.conf - you could just create that
yourself instead during do_install, then you don't need to set
module_conf_ci_hdrc_imx.

FWIW. I just tested and in master this should work just fine without any
workaround (I think the datastore finalisation rework that was done recently
probably fixed it.) I wouldn't really recommend running master in production,
but at least this should work better in the next release.

Cheers,
Paul

--

Paul Eggleton