[yocto] Packages in packagegroup are not installed in image

Ng, Mei Yeen mei.yeen.ng at intel.com
Mon Aug 24 19:20:09 PDT 2015

Hi Randy,

The packagegroups is added into the image as below:

1) Create a bbappend of the image core-image-full-cmdline.bbappend in our new layer
2) In the core-image-full-cmdline.bbappend, enable the following lines:

	DESCRIPTION = "Custom list of packages for build essentials for commandline image"

	IMAGE_INSTALL += "packagegroup-core-buildessential-extended"
	IMAGE_INSTALL += "packagegroup-core-devtools"

3) Update the local.conf to include EXTRA_IMAGE_FEATURES = "debug-tweaks tools-testapps tools-debug"

Thanks,
MY