[yocto] Pickup the latest changes

Khem Raj raj.khem at gmail.com
Sun Aug 16 00:22:51 PDT 2015

> On Jun 25, 2015, at 10:52 AM, Andy Ng <andreas2025 at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hi
>
> I would like to make a Yocto recipe that picks up a package from the
> server that has the latest timestamp. It has the same filename but,
> differnt timestamp, how do instruct my recipe to check the timestmp of
> the tar.bz2 file and try to get the latest?

it doesn’t work with tarballs that way, if you were developing using SCMs then you could do this by using AUTOREVs
but if you control the tarballs then you may create a symlink which does not change and then always perform bitbake -ccleanall
on your recipe and let bitbake fetch it. But usually when using tarballs OE like to use locked versions.