[yocto] Disable global compile flags or tune settings for specific recipe

Khem Raj raj.khem at gmail.com
Sat Aug 15 08:58:07 PDT 2015

On Wed, Jul 8, 2015 at 4:27 AM, FLASCH Franz
<Franz.FLASCH at frequentis.com> wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I’ve a question regarding global compile flags in yocto:
>
> I have an autotools project and also a working recipe for it. My problem is,
> that I also have external shared libraries which I need to link in, when
> compiling this package. However these libraries were built without
> additional compile settings like “-mfloat-abi=hard -mfpu=neon
> -mtune=cortex-a8” - so the compiled package doesn’t work with these external
> libraries.
>
> Is it possible to disable the global compile tune flags for one specific
> recipe? I do not want to disable the global compiler flags just for this
> single package.

you could do so by TUNE_CCARGS_remove = "-mfloat-abi=hard"
but larger problem is it might not work on target which is compiled
with hard float ABI
since it will still link into glibc and libgcc and other C runtime
libs which are hardfloat.
better option for you is to remove callconvention-hard from TUNE_FEATURES