[yocto] How to submit patches upstream for repos at git.yoctoproject.org (eg meta-renesas)

Stephen Lawrence stephen.lawrence at renesas.com
Thu Aug 13 07:32:19 PDT 2015

Hi,

[snip]

> > Understood, thank you. So in this case, for patches to meta-renesas,
> > should we email them to this list, or another list, or send directly to
> > the maintainer, or is there another mechanism established?
>
> Usually I would advice to send the patches to a Renesas-specific ML,
> but I couldn't find it in the OE layers index, so it would be best to
> ask the Renesas team.
>
> @Stephen, Takeshi, Nobuhiro: Can you please advice which is the proper
> ML for sending meta-renesas patches? Thanks.

The MAINTAINERS file [1] says email Genivi branch changes directly to me :).
However in the case of AGL I recall the AGL meeting minutes saying they were
going to start with a local branch. I don't know the reasoning, perhaps to facilitate
the aggressive  timescale for the first release before processes bed down or
are agreed. So that appears to be the short term upstream. Can the attendees
share the detail?

In the medium term a shared source would simplify but the utility of that will depend
largely on the extent to which version roadmaps can be aligned for both alliances
else there will just be separate branches anyway.

[1] https://github.com/slawr/meta-renesas/blob/genivi-7.0-bsp-1.8.0/MAINTAINERS

Regards

Steve