[yocto] [meta-selinux] How about remove libcap-ng from meta-selinux?

Joe MacDonald Joe_MacDonald at mentor.com
Wed Aug 12 06:05:56 PDT 2015

[[yocto] [meta-selinux] How about remove libcap-ng from meta-selinux?] On 15.08.12 (Wed 17:08) wenzong fan wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> There's a libcap-ng in meta-oe layer, it has been updated to 0.7.7 and the
> one in meta-selinux is 0.7.3.
>
> How about removing the one in meta-selinux and get this layer depends on
> meta-oe? Any suggestions?

The last time we had this discussion my sense was that most users of
meta-selinux wanted to continue with it only depending on oe-core.
That's my preference as well.

I'm happy to merge an updated version of libcap-ng (or maybe I'll get to
it myself, since I've known about it since Armin removed it from
meta-security, that was the time of the last discussion, I think).

All I'm saying right now is that this isn't a case of accidental
duplication of recipes in multiple layers, it's the result of a
conscious decision.  It's totally worthwhile re-visiting that decision,
though to make sure the reasons are still valid.

--
-Joe MacDonald.
:wq