[yocto] Header-Files of DEPEND recipe not found

Khem Raj raj.khem at gmail.com
Mon Aug 10 10:56:48 PDT 2015

> Please see the attachment for a simplified example. A library (consisting of 1 cpp and 1 header) is being built using soci. Compiling fails since soci.h is not found.

> However, when compiling my own recipe I get compiling errors ("soci.h not found"). I am 100% sure that I specified the correct paths.
>
> The headers are likely installed in the sysroot, but your script can't find them.  The first step would be to verify that the sysroot does in fact have the headers installed in, and then you'll have to debug your configure scripts to find out why they don't find the headers.  Sharing your recipe and sources will help here.

yeah the CMakeLists.txt seems to not include search paths for <sysroot>/usr/include/soci one way you could do it is refer to soci files with namespace when using them in source code like #include <soci/soci.h> then it will automatically apply the default sysroot search paths to includedir and reach it. Alternative is that you can defile a .cmake file for soci
and include that in soci recipe and then just find the module in your package’s CMakeLists.txt