[yocto] [meta-darwin] Re: building an SDK for MacOSX

Trevor Woerner twoerner at gmail.com
Sun Aug 9 16:42:54 PDT 2015

Hi Richard (and everyone),

Any thoughts on this, is my understanding correct? It would be
fantastically great if I could generate MacOSX-hosted OE SDKs built on
my Linux machine to target embedded ARM boards... it would *really* help
"sell" OE to the people at work :-D

On 08/05/15 16:53, Trevor Woerner wrote:
> I came across RP's meta-darwin today that I'm hoping will enable me to
> build an OpenEmbedded SDK that can be used by my colleagues who work in
> a MacOSX environment?
>
> Is my understanding correct?
>
> Has anyone tried this lately? The last commit was from almost exactly a
> year ago.

Has anyone used this recently?

> The description in the README is a bit vague. I've never used a MacOSX
> system so I'm not entirely sure of the filesystem layout. What exactly
> is needed to create the OSX-sdk.zip file?
> 	/usr/include
> 	/usr/lib
> 	/lib

A coworker had a look at his machine and provided me with the following
information:

	/usr/lib: 87MB
	/lib : Not available
	/usr/include: Not availabe
	/usr/local/lib: 20MB
	/usr/local/include: 2.2MB

Does that sound right? Is the above what I need a zip of to use this layer?

Best regards,
	Trevor