[yocto] ipk zImage in master-next

Paul Barker paul at paulbarker.me.uk
Sun Aug 9 03:07:24 PDT 2015

On Fri, Aug 07, 2015 at 09:19:45AM -0400, Trevor Woerner wrote:
> When packaging a zImage kernel for IPK in master-next the following
> error shows up:
>
> | kernel-image-zImage-4.1.2-fslc+g95d9e15
> | *** Error: Package name  contains illegal characters, (other than
> [a-z0-9.+-])
>
> It looks like the newer kernel.bbclass is much more sophisticated about
> generating package names than before.
>
> Has anyone else seen this? Is there a simple way of saying "the type is
> zimage where packaging for ipk is concerned but zImage otherwise"?
>
> Best regards,
> 	Trevor

I believe this check is present in opkg-build just to ensure compatibility with
the Debian Policy Manual. I don't remember this being an actual restriction of
opkg.

You could try patching the opkg-build script (in opkg-utils) to remove this
check and see if opkg is happy to install the resulting package.

Thanks,

--
Paul Barker

Email: paul at paulbarker.me.uk