[yocto] Which repo for meta-altera ?

Khem Raj raj.khem at gmail.com
Sat Aug 8 12:02:42 PDT 2015

> On Jul 30, 2015, at 11:20 AM, Philip Balister <philip at balister.org> wrote:
>
> On 07/30/2015 01:02 PM, Khem Raj wrote:
>> On Thu, Jul 30, 2015 at 12:50 AM, Paul Eggleton
>> <paul.eggleton at linux.intel.com> wrote:
>>> (Adding Khem and Yves, the maintainers of the github repo, to CC)
>>>
>>> In the interests of keeping the layer index accurate, can we get some
>>> clarification on which repo is the official BSP?
>>
>> Please use github.com/kraj/meta-altera as mentioned in layerindex as
>> well. This is the community supported BSP
>
> What are the differences, shouldn't th ecommunity send in updates to the
> vendor BSP?

In this case, github.com/kraj/meta-altera is upstream moving forward and
https://github.com/altera-opensource/meta-altera will be more of staging area for Altera

documentation for this has been updates to clear the confusion see
http://rocketboards.org/foswiki/view/Documentation/MoveToGitHub

Hope that helps
-Khem