[yocto] Qt SDK Static Build

Smith, Virgil Virgil.Smith at flir.com
Thu Aug 6 08:46:50 PDT 2015

> > $ bitbake meta-toolchain-qt5
>
> well SDKIMAGE_FEATURES only work when you generate SDKs using -
> cpopulate_sdk out of real images and not meta-toolchain-* targets which IMO
> should no longer be used.

As a (non-expert/non-maintainer) user, I'm happy to hear it said [by Khem Raj] that meta-toolchain-* targets should go away.  They easily lead to having multiple (incorrect) sysroot versions that can make (gdb remote)  debugging a futile experience.  I assume there are good practices for what should go in an image recipe vs. local.conf or especially distro.conf that minimize this (and other problems?), but the best practice I know is to promptly delete any sysroot copy installed by a meta-toolchain-* produced installer.

If anyone with saavy and bandwidth out there is taking input on which of these to attack first, I'll happily throw in a vote for Qt4.

Notice to recipient: This email is meant for only the intended recipient of the transmission, and may be a communication privileged by law, subject to export control restrictions or that otherwise contains proprietary information. If you receive this email by mistake, please notify us immediately by replying to this message and then destroy it and do not review, disclose, copy or distribute it. Thank you in advance for your cooperation.