[yocto] Qt SDK Static Build

Justin Bauer jbauer at blockwise.com
Tue Aug 4 13:03:41 PDT 2015

Hello,

I'm using Yocto 1.8 Fido and trying to build Qt SDK statically so that
my Qt application can be deployed as a single file. I've added
SDKIMAGE_FEATURES_append = " staticdev-pkgs'
to my local.conf before bitbaking the qt5 toolchain with no luck in
finding the static libraries
$ bitbake meta-toolchain-qt5

I'm using an imx6 processor and bsp similar to the Wandboard. I've tried
configuring Qt manually by downloading the Qt source files and using the
Yocto generated SDK, but ./configure fails due to the missing patches
required to build it. Is there something I am missing?

Thanks