[yocto] libgomp inclusion

Suresh Nagarajan sureshnagaraja at gmail.com
Mon Apr 27 11:32:25 PDT 2015

Hi,

I'm trying to look to see if OpenMP library is included in my yocto build.

I could not find libgomp library in /usr/lib
However, when I look at gcc-runtime.inc, I do notice that

RUNTIMETARGET = "libssp libstdc++-v3 libgomp"
PACKAGES = "\
  ${PN}-dbg \
  libstdc++ \
  libstdc++-precompile-dev \
  libstdc++-dev \
  libstdc++-staticdev \
  libg2c \
  libg2c-dev \
  libssp \
  libssp-dev \
  libssp-staticdev \
  libgfortran \
  libgfortran-dev \
  libgfortran-staticdev \
  libmudflap \
  libmudflap-dev \
  libmudflap-staticdev \
  libquadmath \
  libquadmath-dev \
  libquadmath-staticdev \
  libgomp \
  libgomp-dev \
  libgomp-staticdev \

Also, I noticed that in gmane and other web-pages that it is OK to have
INTIAL/INTERMEDIATE EXTRA_OECONF  to have --disable-libgomp

However, it is not disabled in BASE which reads
EXTRA_OECONF_BASE = " --enable-lto \
--enable-libssp \
--disable-bootstrap \
--disable-libmudflap \
--with-system-zlib \
--with-linker-hash-style=${LINKER_HASH_STYLE} \
--enable-linker-build-id \
--with-ppl=no \
--with-cloog=no \
--enable-checking=release \
--enable-cheaders=c_global "

Also, it is mentioned that <see below>

Autoconf will not detect OpenMP after this change, because it will
build and run a target binary on the build system. In order to use
OpenMP, the variable ac_cv_prog_c_openmp=-fopenmp must be set.

Where exactly are we supposed to set this variable ac_cv_prog_c_openmp=-fopenmp?

Thanks

Suresh