[yocto] Eclipse Yocto plugin help

heli Atck heliatck at gmail.com
Tue Apr 28 05:27:38 PDT 2015

Hello,

I just started with embedded linux using yocto.

Can someone point me to a more comprehensive tutorial on application
development using the Eclipse plugin? I've got the basic helloworld example
running on a beaglebone black with TCF.

I would now like to try something else like getting a few LEDs to blink or
driving some peripheral (there's led drivers and I2C drivers in the
beaglebone kernel source). I can't really find any documentation or
examples of an application which shows how to do board specific actions.

I understand the board specific functionality is described in BSPs, but I'm
kind of lost as to how this all fits together when you're actually building
an application. The BSP is a collection of recipes and those recipes point
to source code. But how do I link my source code to the available hardware?
For example, how can I tell the compiler what functionality is available? I
see includes, but they do not appear to be board specific.

Thanks