[yocto] How to specify required kernel version and BlueZ version in custom layer configuration?

Cai, Juliet Z juliet.z.cai at intel.com
Thu Apr 23 18:12:34 PDT 2015

I have a custom layer with recipes that require kernel 3.19 and BlueZ 5.  I have two questions.

1.      Is there a place in my layer to specified required kernel version?  I see it can be done in machine/config, but my layer is not machine specific.

2.      To switch to Bluez 5, I can add DISTRO_FEATURES_append = " bluez5" to local.config. Can I do something in my own layer configuration to have the same effect?

Thanks in advance,
Juliet