[yocto] creating images which include actively developed applications

Mike Looijmans mike.looijmans at topic.nl
Wed Apr 22 22:34:56 PDT 2015

On 22-04-15 19:58, Paul Eggleton wrote:
> Hi Brian,
>
> On Wednesday 22 April 2015 15:32:06 Brian Karcz wrote:
>>  ..
>> Is there a way to create a recipe to build actively developed code located
>> in an external source directory? Basically skip the fetch and unpack steps
>> and always execute the compile and populate steps each time and image is
>> built?
>
> Indeed there is:
>
> http://www.yoctoproject.org/docs/current/dev-manual/dev-manual.html#building-software-from-an-external-source

Man, I've been working with OE for years, and this is the first time I ever
saw this.

You should create a link to this page using ten feet neon tubes. Seriously.
People have been asking me this question over and over, and all I had to offer
was some crappy scripts to invalidate and rebuild a package.

Kind regards,
Mike.

Kind regards,

Mike Looijmans