[yocto] bitbaking fails at do_compile gcc-cross-initial

heli Atck heliatck at gmail.com
Wed Apr 15 06:26:53 PDT 2015

Hello all,

I'm trying to get a simple build for the beagleboard with Yocto, but I'm
getting some errors during the bitbaking. I'm running a virtual Ubuntu
14.04 on a 64-bit host.

The build seems to fail at this point:
ERROR: Task 381 (/home/spe/yocto/poky/meta/recipes-devtools/gcc/
gcc-cross-initial_4.8.bb, do_compile) failed with exit code '1'

The full log file for a 1.6.2 build is at http://pastebin.com/80FbkCP1

I tried different versions of Yocto (1.7.1 and 1.6.2 in seperate
directories), but I'm getting the same result.

I also googled the error and some people seem to suggest certain versions
of make or gcc are incompatible with this bitbake release. Is that
possible? My make is version 3.81 and gcc is 4.8.2.