[yocto] SRCREV Issue

Raghavendra Kakarla Raghavendra.Kakarla at inedasystems.com
Wed Apr 15 01:02:47 PDT 2015

Hi All,

I downloaded the yocto from the following link:

git clone -b dizzy git://git.yoctoproject.org/poky.git

And added the my custom recipe for downloading our custom kernel from SVN.

My recipe is like following:

#   oe-core kernel classes to apply a subset of yocto kernel
#   management to git managed kernel repositories.
#
# Warning:
#
#   Building this kernel without providing a defconfig or BSP
#   configuration will result in build or boot errors. This is not a
#   bug.
#
# Notes:
#
#   patches: patches can be merged into to the source git tree itself,
#            added via the SRC_URI, or controlled via a BSP
#            configuration.
#
#   example configuration addition:
#            SRC_URI += "file://smp.cfg"
#   example patch addition:
#            SRC_URI += "file://0001-linux-version-tweak.patch
#   example feature addition:
#            SRC_URI += "file://feature.scc"
#

inherit kernel
require recipes-kernel/linux/linux-yocto.inc

SRC_URI = "svn://192.168.24.190:9090/svn/trunk/code/kernels;module=linux-3.10.14;protocol=http;user=admin;pswd=Welcome123"
SRC_URI += "file://defconfig"

SRC_URI += "file://arqlyn.scc \
            file://arqlyn.cfg \
            file://arqlyn-user-config.cfg \
            file://arqlyn-user-patches.scc \
           "

LINUX_VERSION ?= "3.10.14"
LINUX_VERSION_EXTENSION ?= "-custom"
SRCREV = "94"
PR = "r0"
PV = "${LINUX_VERSION}"
S = "${WORKDIR}/linux-3.10.14"
COMPATIBLE_MACHINE_arqlyn = "arqlyn"

When I take kernel from the SVN I got the validation error that SRCREV is not proper.

Could you please help me in resolving this issue.

Regards,

Raghavendra.