[yocto] Mount options for /dev/root

Oliver Stäbler oliver.staebler at bytesatwork.ch
Tue Apr 14 09:04:44 PDT 2015

Hi

I'm trying to add some mount options to / (/dev/root) such as
'nobarrier'.

What would be the best way to define this option?

I know two possible ways:
* rootflags boot paramenter, but I'd prefer it to be in userspace
* /etc/fstab, but these options are not passed to mount. The script
/etc/init.d/checkroot.sh does parse fstab and even saves the options
($rootopts), but these options are not passed to the mount command.
Other implementation, such as debians checkroot.sh, do pass these
options to mount. Is this by intention or a bug?

Thanks & Regards,
Oliver

--
bytes at work