[yocto] Git and http problem.

Nicolas Dechesne nicolas.dechesne at linaro.org
Mon Apr 13 05:44:48 PDT 2015

On Mon, Apr 13, 2015 at 1:53 PM, Francois P. Gallichand <
francois.p.gallichand at ca.abb.com> wrote:

> I'm working behind a firewall, on which I have absolutely no control, and
> it does not allows the git protocol to go through. So I patch the recipes
> to replace the git protocol by the http protocol and it works most of the
> time. However one specific package, linux-yocto, does not seem to work even
> If I use the http protocol. It either times-out during the fetch, of the
> fetch goes on forever.
>

> Frustrated with that situation, I tried various things to realize that if
> I tried to manually clone the git repository, it doesn't work with a "git
> clone git://…;protocol=http;…" but if I use "git clone http://...;protocol=http;
> …",it is working fine. But the  http:// form is not supported by bitbake
> as if I use it in a recipe as the SRC_URI, bitbake gives me an error.
>

> Is it a bug with bitbake or am I doing something wrong?

not a direct answer to your question.. but I would recommend to look into
using something like this:

https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/Working_Behind_a_Network_Proxy
http://gitolite.com/git-over-proxy.html

I have used that a lot in the past, when I had to deal with corporate
firewalls, and it doesn't require that you patch any recipe.