[yocto] [Dizzy] Multilib in Poky

Chang, Rebecca Swee Fun rebecca.swee.fun.chang at intel.com
Sun Apr 12 22:03:00 PDT 2015

Hi,

I am building a MACHINE = "qemux86" image using Poky v1.7.1 with multilib feature. I would like the image generated to use glibc as the main libc and uclibc in lib32 multilib.
Here are my settings in build/local.conf:

# Multilib Configurations
require conf/multilib.conf
MULTILIBS = "multilib:lib32"
DEFAULTTUNE_virtclass-multilib-lib32 = "x86"
baselib_virtclass-multilib-lib32 = "lib32"
LIBCEXTENSION_virtclass-multilib-lib32 = "-uclibc"
LIBCOVERRIDE_virtclass-multilib-lib32 = ":libc-uclibc"
PREFERRED_PROVIDER_virtual/lib32-libc ?= "uclibc"
PREFERRED_PROVIDER_virtual/lib32-libiconv ?= "libiconv"
PREFERRED_PROVIDER_virtual/lib32-libintl ?= "gettext"
USE_NLS_virtclass-multilib-lib32 ?= "no"
CXXFLAGS_append_virtclass-multilib-lib32 = " -fvisibility-inlines-hidden"
IMAGE_LINGUAS_virtclass-multilib-lib32 = ""
LIBC_DEPENDENCIES_virtclass-multilib-lib32 = "uclibc uclibc-dbg uclibc-dev uclibc-thread-db"
PTEST_ENABLED_virtclass-multilib-lib32 = ""

When I run BitBake to build a Sato image, Bitbake prompt the following error.

Parsing of 893 .bb files complete (0 cached, 893 parsed). 2181 targets, 174 skipped, 0 masked, 0 errors.
NOTE: Resolving any missing task queue dependencies
ERROR: Nothing PROVIDES 'lib32-glibc'
ERROR: lib32-glibc was skipped: incompatible with target linux-uclibc
ERROR: Required build target 'core-image-sato' has no buildable providers.
Missing or unbuildable dependency chain was: ['core-image-sato', 'lib32-glibc']

While the same configurations for multilib was run on Poky Daisy branch, however we don't hit this problem.
>From the Reference Manual, I know that as we migrate to YP version 1.7, eglibc 3.19 has been replaced with glibc 2.20.
Could this be the reason of the broken multilib features?

How should I resolve this? How should I exclude the "lib32-glibc" package from the build?
Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Rebecca