[yocto] pulseaudio without x11

Chris Morgan chmorgan at gmail.com
Fri Apr 10 08:28:36 PDT 2015

Hello.

Using close to latest poky.

I'm building a custom image, inheriting from 'core-image' and adding
in pulseaudio-server and DISTRO_FEATURES_append with pulseaudio but
removing x11.

I'm seeing that the pulseaudio.service file isn't present, and even
when I copy it over, pulseaudio can't startup because it isn't able to
find the DISPLAY environment variable and it isn't running under a
user session, which I guess it how it normally runs?

Is anyone else using pulseaudio on a build without x11 that might be
able to provide some hints on how to do so?

Chris