[yocto] Reg flashing Yocto SDcard image onto IMX6q sabre sd card

Sandeep G.R grsandeep85 at gmail.com
Mon Apr 6 07:53:16 PDT 2015

Hi Shalini,

     Below is the basic steps for SD card boot on iMX6. Create two
partitions on the SD card ext2 for boot and ext4 for rootfs using following
commands.

*Create the partions:*

*sudo dd if=/dev/zero of=/dev/sdX bs=1M count=16*
*sudo mkfs.ext2 /dev/sdX1 -L boot*
*sudo mkfs.ext4 /dev/sdX2 -L rootfs*

*Mount the partions:*

*sudo mkdir -p /media/boot/*
*sudo mkdir -p /media/rootfs/*
*sudo mount /dev/sdX1 /media/boot/*
*sudo mount /dev/sdX2 /media/rootfs/*

*Copy the binaries to SD card:*

*sudo tar xfvp yocto-build/tmp/deploy/rootfs.tar -C /media/rootfs/*
*sudo cp -v yocto-build/tmp/deploy/kernel-image /media/boot*
*sudo cp -v yocto-build/tmp/deploy/kernel-dtb /media/boot*

*Edit the fstab file as shown below:*

*sudo nano /media/rootfs/etc/fstab*
*/dev/sdX2   /                   auto   errors=remount-ro   0   1*
*/dev/sdX1   /boot/uboot  auto   defaults                   0   2*

Make sure your uboot environment variables are set properly for sd card
flash.

On Mon, Apr 6, 2015 at 6:23 AM, Shalini K P <Shalini.KP at lnttechservices.com>
wrote:

>  Hi,
>

>      I have prepared an Yocto SD card image
> "core-image-minimal-imx6q-sabresd.sdcard".  I trying to flash the image
> onto sdcard using the command
>
> *"sudo dd  if= core-image-minimal-imx6q-sabresd.sdcard of=/dev/sdb bs=1M"*
>
> *Sync*
>
> *Sync*
>

> I m getting the boot messages as below

> *U-Boot 2014.10+fslc+g5fd0b60 (Apr 03 2015 - 18:55:01) CPU:   Freescale
> i.MX6Q rev1.2 at 792 MHz Reset cause: POR Board: MX6-SabreSD I2C:   ready
> DRAM:  1 GiB MMC:   FSL_SDHC: 0, FSL_SDHC: 1, FSL_SDHC: 2 *** Warning - bad
> CRC, using default environment No panel detected: default to Hannstar-XGA
> Display: Hannstar-XGA (1024x768) In:    serial Out:   serial Err:   serial
> PMIC:  PFUZE100 ID=0x10 Net:   FEC [PRIME] Hit any key to stop autoboot:  1
> *
>
> I m stuck up badly.  It is not going further.  Does the sdcard image
> contain ü-boot, kernel image and rootfs ? or should I flash u-boot
> separately ? I even tried flashing both u-boot and sdcaed image. But
> getting same messages.  Request help in this regard.  I'm using Dizzy
> branch  and SABRESD Evk board.
>

> Thanks & Regards
>
> Shalini K P
>

> *L&T Technology Services Ltd*
>
> www.LntTechservices.com <http://www.lnttechservices.com/>
>
> This Email may contain confidential or privileged information for the
> intended recipient (s). If you are not the intended recipient, please do
> not use or disseminate the information, notify the sender and delete it
> from your system.

*Thanks & Regards,*
*Sandeep G R*