[yocto] [kernel config]: specified values did not make it into the kernel's final configuration

Liam Maps cca_liam_maps at mail.com
Sat Apr 4 12:55:07 PDT 2015

Thank you for the info. But who sets the .config "Requested value" of a
configuration variable and who then overrides it and sets the "Actual
value set"? (The quoted text is from the [kernel config] warning.)

After a bit of research this is what I think I know:
For my example when working with the master branch and building for
BeagleBone, the CONFIG_ARCH_NR_GPIO config value gets set to 512 in the
meta/cfg/kernel-cache/bsp/beaglebone/beaglebone.cfg. So the beaglebone
bsp for the kernel.
Somewhere that value then gets set to 0. But I can't find out where and
by who. Shouldn't the bsp values be the final ones? It's the bsp who
knows most about the target device after all. Or am I mistaken?

Thank you.