[yocto] [kernel config]: specified values did not make it into the kernel's final configuration

Liam Maps cca_liam_maps at mail.com
Fri Apr 3 13:34:03 PDT 2015

Hi,

During the build of a core-image-base for BeagleBone using the master
branch I was presented with the following warning:

"WARNING: [kernel config]: specified values did not make it into the
kernel's final configuration:"

The full list of configuration values, which did not make it into
kernel's configuration can be found here:
http://pastebin.com/sAvXuNC8

Most variables seem to have something to do with things which are not
applicable for my particular build and device. There is no need for any
graphics so values such as CONFIG_FB_CFB_REV_PIXELS_IN_BYTE and
CONFIG_FRAMEBUFFER_CONSOLE_DETECT_PRIMARY seem like they are not needed
anyway. But there are a few which look less innocent such as for example
CONFIG_ARCH_NR_GPIO and CONFIG_LEDS_GPIO.

I did a few builds with poky-dizzy-12.0.1 before moving to the master
branch and the mentioned warning was not issued during those builds.

The only information about the warning I was able to find on the web is
this:
http://patchwork.openembedded.org/patch/89289/

So it seems that this is not that critical and somewhere during the
build process some kernel configuration values are dropped. Since I do
not have enough knowledge about the subject I would like to ask the more
knowledgeable of you to reassure me that this warning is not critical.
Also, if someone could give an example of why some values are dropped
and by who/what, I would be most grateful.

I should probably mention that I can successfully deploy the build
despite the warnings and everything works as expected. Well, there is
one thing and that is that one of requested packages is not built
(ntfs-3g) but that is an issue for another thread, if I am unable to
find the solution myself.

Thank you.

FYI: I am new to Yocto and this mailing list