[yocto] Kernel Panic: /sbin/init not found

Yu, Chan KitX chan.kitx.yu at intel.com
Thu Apr 2 23:29:59 PDT 2015

Build Configuration:
BB_VERSION        = "1.24.0"
BUILD_SYS         = "x86_64-linux"
NATIVELSBSTRING   = "Ubuntu-14.04"
TARGET_SYS        = "x86_64-poky-linux"
MACHINE           = "valleyisland-64"
DISTRO            = "poky"
DISTRO_VERSION    = "1.7.1"
TUNE_FEATURES     = "m64 corei7"
TARGET_FPU        = ""
meta
meta-yocto
meta-yocto-bsp    = "dizzy:ec75238f6cc2d2d8d40e0268f6d2acc070cbe9a4"
meta-intel
meta-valleyisland = "dizzy:c39a4bf4450845fca6f1b26ccfc0db192a4567e8"

The above is the build configuration. As of the image that I was trying to build, I did the hddimg and iso. I got the KP issue from using the iso image. I thought the issue might have to do with the meta-valleyisland so I switched to genericx86-64 instead. No luck.

Can you attach the manifest file for the image
> that is broken?

Attached.

UPDATE: I tried disabling the multilib feature by commenting out the following in local.conf:

IMAGE_INSTALL = "lib32-connman"
require conf/multilib.conf
MULTILIBS = "multilib:lib32"
DEFAULTTUNE_virtclass-multilib-lib32 = "x86"

I used to enable multilib in Yocto by adding those lines and it has always worked. I got this step from https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/Multilib#How_to_use_it . However, I'm not very sure if that's the proper way to enable multilib in Yocto.

Thanks,
Chan Kit