[yocto] Installing custom python packages

Tim Orling ticotimo at gmail.com
Thu Apr 2 14:27:57 PDT 2015

Matthew,

Please have a look at the python recipes in
http://git.openembedded.org/meta-openembedded/tree/meta-python/recipes-devtools/python
Creating your own similar recipe will allow you to add the python package
to your built image, or load it an runtime as an rpm/ipk/deb.
You could add this recipe to your own layer, if it is custom and not useful
to the community.

It is possible to run pip on the target (if you added pip to your image,
e.g. IMAGE_INSTALL_append = " python-pip" is in your local.conf).

Regards,

--Tim