[yocto] Package Question

Morgan, Michael L MICHAEL.L.MORGAN at UCDENVER.EDU
Wed Apr 1 16:56:40 PDT 2015

All:

As I'm sure almost all of these missives start out, I'm very new to this. However, I have scoured the documentation and either what I'm explicitly looking for isn't there or I'm missing it. But anyway, here goes:

I have been able to create images using poky/HOB  and run said images  (on both qemu and Virtual Box) with no problem. However, when using HOB to include a package (gcc, for example) it does not show up in the image. That is to say, when I run the image on qemu or virtual box, and invoke 'gcc' at the command prompt, the shell returns "command not found". I have no doubt that I'm missing something here, but as I said, I cannot figure out what it is.

my qemu invocation, on Debian, is "runqemu image_name.bin rootfs.rootfs.ext3".

Thanks for any assistance.

Mike