[yocto] [RFC] Toaster integration with Jenkins

Barros Pena, Belen belen.barros.pena at intel.com
Wed Apr 1 09:57:43 PDT 2015

On 01/04/2015 09:03, "Anders Darander" <anders at chargestorm.se> wrote:

>Hi,
>
>* Barros Pena, Belen <belen.barros.pena at intel.com> [150331 18:00]:
>> On 31/03/2015 10:39, "Anders Darander" <anders at chargestorm.se> wrote:
>
>> >I don't know if this is the right thread but a couple of other things
>> >that we really would need in order to fully be able to utilize this.
>
>> >1) Some way of getting the built git branch shown in toaster. (As we
>> >discussed on YPDD in Düsseldorf together with Axis). We're building
>> >master and release branches for the same machine and image.
>
>> If you mean the name of the branch, Toaster currently shows this in
>> several places. One of them is the configuration information for a
>> finished build, which displays a list of the layers used, and for each
>>of
>> them the branch name and the commit used. I've uploaded an screenshot
>>here
>
>> http://i.imgur.com/GPDwCh0.png
>
>Good to know.  Just one question, is it possible to get the branch
>information for one layer on the "All build" page?

Not right now, I'm afraid. Having said that, it is probably fairly easy to
add that information to the table.

> To avoid having to go
>into each build to actually see what kind of build that was.
>
>For instance, we're having a master layer, that checks out other layers
>as submodules.
> Being able to direclty see which branch of the master all
>builds originate from would be extremely useful (or another option would
>be if the Jenkins job name could be shown, as that would provide more or
>less the same information for us).

This we could probably do, since builds connected to a Jenkins instance
will need to be identifiable somehow in Toaster.

>Hm, thinking more about that, being able to store the Jenkins job name
>and build number in the toaster database would likely be really useful.

Again, I'd say this is possible.

>That would allow Toaster to link back to the actual job and build in
>Jenkins. Those could be retrieved from the environmant variables
>BUILD_NUMBER and JOB_NAME in the Jenkins build.

This sounds like a handy feature.

>> >2) In the proposed bug, would toaser be able to recieve and handle
>> >toaster/build logs from different YP releases?
>
>> Yes, but you would need to create a Toaster project for each release.
>> Currently, for each Toaster project, you must select the YP release you
>> want to use. A project can only use a single release at any given time.
>
>I've just spent a couple of minutes looking for this (so excuse me if
>it's obvious).
>
>A Toaster project in this case, would that equal to different toaster
>instances and databases, or would they still be able to be shown
>together in the same "All builds" page?

Sorry, I should have explained better: in the same Toaster instance (and
database). Each Toaster instance can have n projects. Each project is
associated to a single release. So you can build on different releases
within the same Toaster instance by using different projects, and access
all the information through the 'all builds' page.