[yocto] Fetcher question

Chris Tapp opensource at keylevel.com
Mon Sep 29 14:36:21 PDT 2014

I've been working on a bbappend to update bash for Danny in response to 'shellshock'.

Looking at the patches at http://ftp.gnu.org/gnu/bash/bash-4.2-patches/, you can see that bash42-049 is now dated after bash42-050.

My initial bbappend only included up to bash42-049 as 050 wasn't yet out and 049 originally had an earlier date.

How would the fetcher handle the file changing after it had already been downloaded and passed a checksum test? Would the change have been detected?

I would run a test, but I had done a 'cleanall' before I spotted the date change. The file definitely changed as I had to update the checksum for the 049 patch.

--

Chris Tapp
opensource at keylevel.com
www.keylevel.com

----
You can tell you're getting older when your car insurance gets real cheap!