[yocto] tools-sdk with gcc-runtime

Tim Ohliger ohliger.tim at gmail.com
Wed Sep 24 06:30:12 PDT 2014

Hello.

Currently I am trying to build the core-image-full-cmdline with
crystalforest-server machine from meta-intel/meta-crystalforest and using
Yocto Project 1.6 (daisy) release.
I am quite new to yocto so this might be a beginner's mistake.

When I install the image-feature "tools-sdk" on my image to use gcc amongst
others, it seems like some libs are missing, e.g. libssp.so.
I found those in the gcc-runtime package.
Unfortunately adding gcc-runtime to IMAGE_INSTALL does not work and
displays during bitbake the error:
"ERROR: gcc-runtime not found in the base feeds (crystalforest_server
corei7-64-intel-common corei7-64 core2-64 x86_64 noarch any all)"
Followed by a quite long list of packages.

I added those two lines to conf/local.conf
EXTRA_IMAGE_FEATURES = "debug-tweaks dev-pkgs tools-sdk ssh-server-openssh
package-management"
IMAGE_INSTALL_append = " git gcc-runtime "

I hope anybody can help me.

Best regards
Tim Ohliger