[yocto] Minutes: Yocto Project Technical Team Meeting - Tuesday, September 9, 2014 8:00 AM US Pacific Time

Sona Sarmadi sona.sarmadi at enea.com
Wed Sep 24 00:30:51 PDT 2014

Nice to meet you guys in the meeting ☺

Short background:
My name is Sona Sarmadi, and I am responsible for security for the Enea Linux & related opens source products which is based on Yocto. Together with some other colleagues (Maxin John, Daniel Bornaz ..) we take care of security patches (i.e. backport them from stable kernels to our kernels if they have not already fixed by Yocto or meta-vendors maintainers (such as meta-fsl-ppc, meta-fsl-arm, meta-ti, meta xilinx …).

We prefer help yocto community and backport securtiy patches from stable kernels to Yocto rather than doing this work inside Enea repo in the meta-enea layer. I know that Yocto has  well defined process for backporting security patches from stable kernels to Yocto kernels which is good, but I haven’t figured out if there is well defined process as well for vendor kernels such as meta-xilinx or meta-ti (meta-xilinx at yoctoproject.org, meta-ti at yoctoproject.org, etc ..)? I see that sometimes security patches have been backported to these kernels but not always. I just wonder if there is anything we can help here.

Any suggestion for helping Yocto community within security are welcome.

Cheers
/Sona