[yocto] Update recipe file to avoid conflict with other dependant packages

Burton, Ross ross.burton at intel.com
Mon Sep 22 02:32:55 PDT 2014

On 22 September 2014 07:52, harsh jain <harshjain32 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Given below logs message when I tried with python 2.7.4
>
> NOTE: Resolving any missing task queue dependencies
> NOTE: preferred version 2.7.3 of python not available (for item python-core)
> NOTE: versions of python available: 2.7.4
> NOTE: preferred version 2.7.3 of python not available (for item python-2to3)
> NOTE: versions of python available: 2.7.4
> NOTE: preferred version 2.7.3 of python not available (for item python-audio)
> NOTE: versions of python available: 2.7.4
> NOTE: preferred version 2.7.3 of python not available (for item python-bsddb)
> NOTE: versions of python available: 2.7.4
> NOTE: preferred version 2.7.3 of python not available (for item python-codecs)
> NOTE: versions of python available: 2.7.4
> NOTE: preferred version 2.7.3 of python not available (for item python-compile)
> NOTE: versions of python available: 2.7.4
> NOTE: preferred version 2.7.3 of python not available (for item python-compiler)
> NOTE: versions of python available: 2.7.4
> NOTE: preferred version 2.7.3 of python not available (for item
> plython-compression)
> NOTE: versions of python available: 2.7.4

Your distro configuration has a preferred provider for Python, and
it's set to 2.7.3.  I can't seem to see anything in oe-core that sets
this, so it's possibly your own distribution (or another layer).  Grep
your layers or use bitbake -e python to find out where the
PREFERRED_PROVIDER is being set, and change it.

Ross