[yocto] Integration of custom recipe with SDK

Paul Eggleton paul.eggleton at linux.intel.com
Mon Sep 22 01:51:59 PDT 2014

On Monday 22 September 2014 14:06:26 Navani Srivastava wrote:
> On Mon, Sep 22, 2014 at 1:45 PM, Paul Eggleton <
> paul.eggleton at linux.intel.com> wrote:
> > On Sunday 21 September 2014 09:26:07 Navani Srivastava wrote:
> > > We are not using populatesdk ... we need to generate it through
> > > meta-toolchain-qte only so i am trying with the solution provided by
> > > randy..
> >
> > Can I ask why? I'd like to understand where -c populate_sdk needs further
> > improvement.
>
> I have to generate toolchain which contain qt related tools also like qmake
> and qjson, so we are using meta-toolchain-qte to generate the toolchain..
> Do you suggest it's better to integrate meta-toolchain-qte somehow with
> populate_sdk so that we can make life easier?

It is possible to integrate the two - all you need to do is ensure the extra
qte tools get added to the SDK. One way to achieve this would be to add the
following to your image recipe:

QTNAME = "qte"
QT_DIR_NAME = "qtopia"
require recipes-qt/meta/meta-toolchain-qt.inc

(I haven't tested this so I'm not 100% sure if it will work, but it should.)

Cheers,
Paul

--

Paul Eggleton