[yocto] Integration of custom recipe with SDK

Randy Witt randy.e.witt at linux.intel.com
Thu Sep 18 13:32:42 PDT 2014

On 09/18/2014 05:12 AM, Navani Srivastava wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am using Poky-8.0.2 danny version for development.
>
> I want to integrate my custom recipe with sdk generated by
> meta-toolchain-qte so that I can use header files and libraries
> generated by my custom recipe for cross compilation. I am not sure of
> the proper way to do it. Right now generated header files and libraries
> could be found in rootfs generated for the target machine but for SDK
> there is no progress.

If you use one of the methods described at
http://www.yoctoproject.org/docs/current/ref-manual/ref-manual.html#ref-classes-nativesdk
then you need to make sure to get the nativesdk version of your recipe
into the sdk.

You should be able to do that by adding the nativesdk version of your
recipe to the TOOLCHAIN_HOST_TASK variable.

You could do that in your local.conf, or if you wanted a sticky version,
create a meta-toolchain-qte.bbappend in your layer with the change. If
you are unfamiliar with bbappends, they are described here:
http://www.yoctoproject.org/docs/1.6.1/dev-manual/dev-manual.html#using-bbappend-files

Hopefully that helps.