[yocto] [meta-selinux] refpolicy update in master-next

Mark Hatle mark.hatle at windriver.com
Thu Sep 18 13:06:38 PDT 2014

On 9/18/14, 2:57 PM, Joe MacDonald wrote:
> Hey all,
>
> As we'd all discussed at different times in the past, we're well behind
> the curve on a refpolicy update for meta-selinux.  With the 1.7 release
> of Yocto coming up, we thought it was important to update the policy
> sooner rather than later, so I'm starting that work now.
>
> It's being done in master-next and currently the only recipe that has
> been updated is the -mls one.  Over the next few days I'll be updating
> the others, then working through testing and trying to make sure they're
> all sane.  It would help me out immensely if you had time to kick the
> tires as well on your favourite policy variant.
>
> Depending on how long this takes, the next step is updating the
> userspace.  Fortunately this time around, though, the current userspace
> is still officially up to the task of managing the current policy, so a
> full update isn't strictly required.  It'd be a really nice thing to
> have done, though.  :-)

I spoke with Joe about this work this morning, and I think master-next is the
right place to do this.  So if you have immediate bug fixes, we'll try to apply
them to both master and master-next.  And then continue to use master-next to
stage the policy changes (or anything else that requires a bit more 'soak' time)
before merging.

I'd like to try to get 'master' of meta-selinux fully synced and working with
the 'master' of Poky around the time of Poky's release (within a week or so of
the release at least)..  then we can branch and let the master continue to flow
with any "new" work.  (It's a plan, I'm not sure if it'll happen or not.)

If anyone has any concerns let me know.. otherwise I think this is the plan!

--Mark