[yocto] Eclipse ADT plugin and project variables

Benjamin Fleming bfleming at meteorcomm.com
Wed Sep 17 11:22:01 PDT 2014

I have the Yocto 1.6.1 Eclipse ADT plugin installed in the ARM DS-5 (5.18) platform (based on Eclipse Kepler). After some struggling, I have been able to generate a CMake-based project that build successfully, but it has left me with 2 related questions.
The first is specification of the cmake executable: The plugin won't use the correct PATH variable when calling CMake: Under Project->Properties...->C/C++ Build->Settings->CMake configure, the default command is 'cmake', which for me finds the wrong copy on my system. I have 2 copies of cmake on my system, the first is installed under /usr/bin/, and the second (and the one I want to use) is under my poky tree (~/poky/build/tmp/sysroots/x86_64-linux/usr/bin/). The PATH in my project environment variables (Project->Properties...->C/C++ Build->Environment) points to the sysroots path first, and indeed, if I create a shellscript that defines the same path it finds the expected cmake executable. To make this work currently, I have to enter the absolute path to the appropriate binary, which seems wrong.

This leads me to my second question; what is the expected method of sharing projects? I don't see a way to easily share my .project and .cproject files with my coworkers while allowing them to use my ADT plugin settings. My poky build directory (including sysroots) is in my home directory. As a result, many of  the Environment variables refer to a path containing my home directory. Perhaps this is just my ignorance of Eclipse, but I don't see a good way of sharing the setup work without a) asking them to import my project and then modifying around 25 paths, or b) asking them to create a new hello world project in which they then have to overwrite files. How do I go about sharing the project files?

Regards,
Ben