[yocto] yocto 1.6 - beaglebone black - cape manager

Diego Sueiro diego.sueiro at gmail.com
Thu Sep 4 15:02:13 PDT 2014

Hi Gazeta,

On Thu, Sep 4, 2014 at 5:48 PM, tomek82221 Gazeta.pl <tomek82221 at gazeta.pl>
wrote:

> Hi
> I'm build yocto 1.6, My hardware is beaglebone black I successfull
> build system image. But I can't see cape manager.
> I need them to use SPI - enable spidev -
> http://elinux.org/BeagleBone_Black_Enable_SPIDEV .
> What do i do to build yocto with a cape manager?

As far as I know, you have to use meta-beagleboard
<https://github.com/beagleboard/meta-beagleboard> (almost 1 year without
any new commit) as your BSP layer to get capemanager support with Yocto.
Take a look here
<https://github.com/beagleboard/meta-beagleboard/blob/dylan/common-bsp/recipes-kernel/linux/linux-mainline_3.8.bb>.
The kernel version is 3.8.

Here we have good news of having capemanager support on mainline:
http://beagleboard.org/blog/2014-08-27-device-tree-overlay-support-lands-upstream/

Here you have a beaglebord.org linux repo with capemanager support:
https://github.com/beagleboard
I don't know if there is any WIP to get this kernel compiled by Yocto/OE.

Regards,

--
*dS
Diego Sueiro