[yocto] [yocto-docs] should I be able to make the docs without warnings?

Rifenbark, Scott M scott.m.rifenbark at intel.com
Mon Sep 1 23:09:54 PDT 2014

Bob,

The warnings when you make a PDF document consist of the following:

* "cannot add @xml:base to node set root element. Relative paths may not work."
* /usr/bin/fop: Unable to locate servlet-api in /usr/share/java"
* Various font substitutions dependent on the build host
* And then some line overflow messages (quite a few) that have the form: "Line 1 of a paragraph overflows the available area by xxxx millipoints. (See position xxx:xxx)

I have just considered these warnings as acceptable.  I have never taken the time to try and run them down and figure out what they mean.  The PDF file builds out to an acceptable item in my opinion.  PDF versions of the manuals have taken a serious back-seat to their HTML counterparts.  If you can shed some light on these warnings I am all for trying to suppress them or eliminate them.  For the time being though, they would be low on my priority.

Thanks,
Scott