[yocto] Build warning chown/chmod

Michael Gloff mgloff at emacinc.com
Thu Oct 30 12:46:58 PDT 2014

I'm getting a lot of warnings of

copyfile: failed to chown/chmod
/opt/oe/build/tmp/work/core2-32-emac-linux/gcc-runtime/4.8.2-r0/gcc-4.8.2/build.i586-emac-linux.i586-emac-linux/gcc/config/sparc/linux64.h

I suspect it is something with my development machine as this doesn't
happen on the build server. For some reason when any patch is applied, the
ownership of the patched files gets changed to root, thus the warning. I've
cleared the build directory to no avail. I'm working with daisy branch of
both poky and meta-oe. Has anyone else seen this before or possibly know
what might be the cause?

Michael Gloff