[yocto] Integrating Golang

Chris Elledge celledge at digitallumens.com
Thu Oct 30 07:43:43 PDT 2014

I'm actively using meta-golang for development and continuing to add features as I find them necessary. If anyone has suggestions on what would be useful as a developer of embedded go applications, let me know.

Specifically, I am most interested on input for what would be useful configuration variables to have available for golang based recipes:
* Ways to request how to breakdown a golang project into combinations of shared libraries, static libraries, and executables.
* Being able to define which golang packages are to be placed into libraries vs statically linked into the executables.

If someone manages to get this properly integrated into yocto, I would be happy to move my development directly to the project.

-Chris