[yocto] Read-only rootfs, excluding /tmp and /var/logs

Andrew Wozniak drew.woz at gmail.com
Tue Oct 28 06:47:33 PDT 2014

Greetings,

I'm fairly new to the Yocto environment but have worked with lower level
Linux build systems. To get started, my target needs to have a read-only
rootfs, while excluding specific directories like /tmp and /var/logs...

The Project Dev Manual 5.15 section mentions the configuration of a
read-only filesystem. I haven't tried this method yet and was wondering if
there are any options for custom exclusions other than the /tmp and
/var/run mentioned in the docs.