[yocto] Is the build system SCM sensitive?

Burton, Ross ross.burton at intel.com
Mon Oct 27 13:07:22 PDT 2014

On 27 October 2014 19:40, Gary Thomas <gary at mlbassoc.com> wrote:

> I think I know what triggered this - a recent change in bitbake.conf
> redefined BUILD_CPP (and others).  I had merged this change some six
> hours before my strange build and had been building many other recipes
> (also python with a similar set of dependencies) a number of times
> before I touched the python-pygtk recipe.  Some dependency in that
> recipe set off the rebuild storm that my other recipes had not.

Ah yes, welcome back to master.  There's been stuff building up for a
while.  :)

This is where I point out that master between a release and M1 is known to
be "volatile".  Whilst we obviously endeavour for it to be always
buildable, deep and fundamental changes will be going in sooner rather than
later.

(ie this might be time to dust of my libexecdir-changing series)

Ross