[yocto] Failing Build

Mihail, StanciuX stanciux.mihail at intel.com
Fri Oct 24 04:00:19 PDT 2014

Hi Nick, Richard,

I tried building an rt-sdk image on a fresh environment and I got the same errors as Nick.
I suspect the original problem resides in the following error message:

ERROR: Multiple .bb files are due to be built which each provide virtual/kernel (/home/dave/poky/meta/recipes-kernel/linux/linux-yocto_3.14.bb /home/dave/poky/meta/recipes-kernel/linux/linux-yocto-rt_3.14.bb).
 This usually means one provides something the other doesn't and should.

Looks to me that the core-image-rt-sdk recipe includes both the rt-kernel and the normal kernel, and maybe it shouldn't?

Cheers,
Mihail