[yocto] autotools-brokensep.bbclass not working

Richard Purdie richard.purdie at linuxfoundation.org
Fri Oct 24 01:31:35 PDT 2014

On Fri, 2014-10-24 at 00:08 +0000, Vuille, Martin (Martin) wrote:
> #
> set /home/platform/Workspace/dvf99_gitlab/poky/meta/conf/bitbake.conf:348
> #     "${S}"
> #
> set /home/platform/Workspace/dvf99_gitlab/poky/meta/conf/documentation.conf:77
> #     [doc] "The Build Directory. The OpenEmbedded build system places
> generated objects into the Build Directory during a recipe's build
> process."
> #
> set /home/platform/Workspace/dvf99_gitlab/poky/meta/classes/autotools-brokensep.bbclass:5
> #     "${S}"
> #   finalize ast.py:323 [finalize]
> #     "was: ${S}"
> #
> override[pn-dhcp]:set /home/platform/Workspace/dvf99_gitlab/poky/meta/conf/distro/include/seperatebuilddir.inc:105
> #     "${SEPB}"
> #   finalize override[pn-dhcp]:
> #     "${SEPB}"
> # computed:
> #   "${SEPB}"
>
> so seperatebuilddir.inc is overriding the use of autotools-brokensep.
>
> How can I override the override? What’s the point of
> autotools-brokensep?

The brokensep class was in its initial stages of development in 1.6 so
there are two mechanisms in action and dhcp is being controlled by
that .inc file which no longer exists in 1.7.

You can probably override it by Setting SEPB = "${S}" in the recipe (or
SEPB_pn-dhcp = "${S}" in local.conf).

Cheers,

Richard