[yocto] Time To Build Yocto

Robert P. J. Day rpjday at crashcourse.ca
Wed Oct 22 13:07:37 PDT 2014

On Mon, 20 Oct 2014, nick wrote:

> I am wondering from your experience how long is the largest build
> you have ever seen and what was it building. I am considering a high
> powered build system for Yocto and want to known about build times
> in order to help me with purchasing decisions.

dear yocto mailing list:

  at the risk of sounding heartless, please don't feed the troll. nick
krause is notorious from the kernel and kernel newbie mailing lists as
someone who, desperate to get his name into the git log as a kernel
developer, has pissed off pretty much *everyone* by submitting
badly-formed, ill-considered patches against numerous subsystems, to
the point where he was finally *banned* from LKML. that didn't slow
him down, as he simply joined the kernel newbies ML and did exactly
the same thing there.

  this is nick:

it remains to be seen if nick has changed his ways at all -- i am
simply posting this as a public service announcement so you know what
you might be getting into.

rday

                        http://crashcourse.ca