[yocto] qemuarm built from daisy has no mouse pointer display when run on darwin

Chris Hallinan challinan at gmail.com
Tue Oct 21 06:34:52 PDT 2014

Greetings,

I'm playing around with core-image-sato built for MACHINE=qemuarm, and
running under qemu-system-arm on Mavericks.  I'm using qemu version 2.1.2
from macports, and the qemuarm images were built from YP 1.6/Daisy.

My core-image-sato binaries (kernel/rootfs) run perfectly on the host on
which it was built (U12.04) and in fact, runs fine on my Mavericks platform
except there is no mouse pointer visible.  When I move the mouse into the
qemu window and click once, the mouse pointer disappears.  I am getting
mouse events from /dev/input/event1, and in fact, clicking around blindly I
have determined that I can actually click on stuff and cause them to
execute, it's just that there is no visible mouse pointer.

While I realize this is likely not a supported scenario, it would be hugely
convenient for me in my workflow.  I travel with a MB Air, and it's just
too lightweight for a VM.  Can anyone suggest how I might go about
troubleshooting and/or discovering a possible workaround?  Anyone have any
ideas?  Is there a better list where I might ask this question?

Thanks,

Chris Hallinan

--
Life is like Linux - it never stands still.